Mathsmate Problem 24

Prediction: I predict this will be about adding letters to make a big number.

Clarify: nothing to clarify.

Question: The question is asking and showing groups of letters which are A, B, C, D and E which all make the number 74915.

Way to work out: The way you work it out is first you work out what the 3 E’s are. They are 5’s so you place the 5 and carry the one. In the next column you work out what the D’s are and they are 0’s but you add the one to get 1. Then you add the C’s which are 3’s which make 9. then the easiest part work out the A which is 7.

This entry was posted in MATHS by james2012. Bookmark the permalink.

About james2012

My name is James, I am 10 years old and I live with my mum,dad and my two dogs Alfie and Molly. Alfie is a spoodle and molly is a golden retriever. My favourite things to do at school are writing, reading and doing art and my favourite things to do at home are drawing, playing with the dogs and watching my favourite TV shows doctor who and ninjago masters of spinjitzu and playing lego. The things I do outside of school are art class, cricket and swimming. Some of the holidays I have gone on are to Kingscliff, New South Wales, Tasmania, Palm cove, Port Douglas and we are about to go to Sydney. Some of the lego things I have built are Titanic, the Providence which won me a $50 voucher in the National lego competition! My favourite films are the Avengers, Pirates of the Carribean and Titanic. Thanks for reading. :)

One thought on “Mathsmate Problem 24

1. Hi James,
    I read your maths mate blog post, it was good but there was a few subtitles you didn’t add like read and summary and so on. But other than that your piece was good. Well done James.

Raymond