Cambera Camp Reflection

Day 1

On the 24th of the 11th the 5/6’s where going on our last camp, which was up to Cambera. On Monday morning we had to be at school at 6:45 am in the morning to prepare, pack the buses and any other things we had to do before we set off. After a while we where all ready so we got on the bus and left at 7:00 am but we had a very long trip ahead of us, we had to be on the bus for 10 hours with only 3 stops.

On our first stop we had morning tea and then hit the road again, the second stop we had was in a town which was involved in a submarine battle, so in the middle of the town there was an actual submarine in the earth, during that stop we had our lunch and then set off again. Our final stop where we had afternoon tea was at a petrol station. Then we where on the bus for the final 2 and a half hours and then we finally got to Camp Cotter mouth/ our camp which we where staying at.

When we pulled up we got a good look at the camp, it had lots of cabins, a meeting hall/ where we had breakfast and dinner, a soccer pitch with a volley ball court and then in front of the cabins there was a basket ball court. When we got all of our stuff off the buses we where told what cabin we where in, I was in cabin 9 with Luca, Tom  and Bryse. Then after we had our dinner we had a fun activity in the hall called Red Faces. This was a comedy game where people went on a stage and did lots of wacky things, that was hosted by Angus and Declan. All of the people which made us laugh where either soloists, groups of 3 or 4 or really big groups which could have had 3 or 4 cabin groups in them. At 9:00 or 9:30 we had to finish up and go to bed.

Day 2

I woke up at 6:45 am but we couldn’t leave our cabins until the teachers told us to. At 7:00 am the teachers came around waking us up and telling us to get ready for breakfast. Then at 7:15 the breakfast/dinner bell went of telling bus to come to the hall for breakfast. We had bacon and eggs on toast with hash browns After that we had to go back to our cabins or we could hang around outside. We all chose to hang outside. A lot of us got out some basket balls and started shooting some hoops. When the time was 8:00 am we got ready to go to the Embassy (78). After we finished there we went to the Nation IL Museum of Cambera. That museum was all about the history of Cambera. Most of the history we learnt was all about the Government and all things related to that. When we finished there we went to the National film and sound Archive which was all about when Australia started making movies, so it was a museum with lots of filming and sound stuff, some of us even got to work one of the really old recorders, when we saw everything our tour guide told us that when we started making movies we just kept upgrading each year.

After we left the movie museum we headed for a bucket load of science at Questicon. Questicon is like a really big Science Works but with a lot more science and a lot more fun. There where loads of inventions there like 4 player ice hockey, a smock machine, a storm generator and many more massive wonders, but first we went to the gift shop where I got my two souvenir’s which where two Nano Block sets, they where a drum kit and an Acoustic Guitar.

Then we headed back for our camp and then we had dinner, but after dinner we had our next activity at night, we got to go to the AIS/ Australian, Institute of Sport and got to swim in the pool. We left camp at 7:30 to get there on time. When we got there we where seated beside the the pool and where told to get into our bathers. During that all of the teachers started handing out swimming caps. When we reseaved them I said “After we finish in the pool, our heads will literally be flat, smooth domes, because these things are really tight. Then we dived into an hour of fun. In the pool a bunch of kids including me got a ball and played a match of Markers up and every time I tried to catch the ball I would either get slammed face first into the water of be needed in the back. Then we finished and went back to camp and went straight to bed.

Day 3

We woke up and got ready to head to the Electrical Education Center. After we spent a few hours there we went to the Old Parliament house which we got to go into the house of Representatives/the green house. After we finished there we went to the Australian War Memorial. Inside the Memorial there where Weapons, suits, machines, planes, tanks, submarines and any more things that were used in all of the wars Australia was involved in. Then we went to the center of the Memorial where we saw the Pool of reflections, the never ending flame and all the names of people who went to war and didn’t come back. Then we listened to the Last Post Ceremony.

Then we finished there and went to the Black Mountain where we went i to the Telstra tower where we got to go on the observation deck and over look the city of cambera but it was SO WINDY!!!! Then we went back to camp and went to bed.

Day 4

The second last day at camp! and boy was it packed with activity’s but first we went to the NEW Parliament house where we saw debates in action, and the palace like stairs that were made of marble. Then we went to the CSIRO which was like Questicon but with more science to it. We did a few activity’s there and then we went to the AIS where we played a bunch of sports which where very fun and to me one of them was VERY dizzy. Then we went back to camp where we had our MOVIE NIGHT! we got popcorn and watched “Mr Peabody and Sherman” which went to 9:30 and then wen went to bed.

Day 5

The last day with the 10 hour trip home, we had to wake up at 5 o’clock and pack, then after we finished breakfast we got on the buses and left for Melbourne. After 10 hours on the bus with a few stops we got back to school and when we arrived a knew when every body got home they would crash and burn in tiredness. That is my reflection of our Camp at Cambera.

This entry was posted in Camp Reflections by james2012. Bookmark the permalink.

About james2012

My name is James, I am 10 years old and I live with my mum,dad and my two dogs Alfie and Molly. Alfie is a spoodle and molly is a golden retriever. My favourite things to do at school are writing, reading and doing art and my favourite things to do at home are drawing, playing with the dogs and watching my favourite TV shows doctor who and ninjago masters of spinjitzu and playing lego. The things I do outside of school are art class, cricket and swimming. Some of the holidays I have gone on are to Kingscliff, New South Wales, Tasmania, Palm cove, Port Douglas and we are about to go to Sydney. Some of the lego things I have built are Titanic, the Providence which won me a $50 voucher in the National lego competition! My favourite films are the Avengers, Pirates of the Carribean and Titanic. Thanks for reading. :)